Monthly Archives: January 2012
Check out me and the other 2011-2012 San Francisco Marathon Ambassador Team!
The 2011-2012 SF Marathon Ambassador Team brings together diverse, talented, and enthusiastic athletes. These runners each have unique stories and running careers. Have questions or want to meet up for a run in your area? Contact your local ambassador or connect with them on Facebook or Twitter!
Ever wondered what people have in their gym bags? Ok, so maybe you haven’t 🙂 I thought it would be fun to share what I have in my gym bag.
- Gym towels – Always have about 2-3 in my gym bag
- PowerBar(tm) beanie – I use this before and after the gym for those cold mornings.
- PowerBar(tm) running hat – This is my go to hat and by far my favorite.
- PowerBar(tm) backpack – Plenty of pockets to hold all my gym items.
- Perform gel – Just in case I need some pain relieving gel for my muscles.
- PowerBars(tm) – Always have a couple on hand for when I need some good tasty energy.
- PowerBar(tm) gel – For those days when I need that extra push.
- PowerBar(tm) water bottle – Usually have two of these in my backpack. There are side pockets that I carry these in.
- iPod Nano – Good tunes to keep me focused in the (sometimes) noisy gym.
Not pictured: Zensah calf sleeves and hand sanitizer.
2012 has started, but my training has had some setbacks.
The first week and a half of 2012 I was sick. Needed to rest and build my strength back up. However now that I’m 100% better… it snows! It looks like the snow will be around until the end of the week.
Since I will be cooped up in the apartment until the weekend, my plan is to work my core with a stability ball and balance board. Not the same as running, but will keep me moving!
I applied for the ING New York City Marathon 2012 lottery! Wish me luck!
We have received your application for the ING New York City Marathon 2012. Your entry number is XXXXXX. Please include this number and your name in any correspondence pertaining to this race.
To check your status, or to update/change your personal information, you can log in to your NYRR online runner account.
After the non-guaranteed entry drawing for U.S. and international applicants is held shortly after the application closes on Monday, April 23, we will process the fees for those accepted and e-mail both accepted entrants and those whom we do not accept.